Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Creeping Along At High Speed

The twins are 5 and 1/2 years old! How'd that happen all the sudden.

For lack of anything else to write about, let's take a look at our current family schedule. Exciting, I know.

Get up around 6-6:30, get ready some while the kids are still snoozing. Even Abby, for the most part, is sleeping through the night. For now...) Fix breakfast for the kids (almost always Eggo waffles, mostly blueberry), get them dressed, then around 7:30 Carrie takes Abigail to daycare down at St. Paul's and I shuttle Owen and Paige to the Lighthouse Academy on University (Lately we've stopped listening to Kids Place Live on XM and I just play something off the phone for them. For the past week or more it's been Splash Woman by MegaRan and Not the Future by Bad Lip Reading every time.) Then it's a 30 minute commute for me. I work for 8 hours from when I get in and then head home. By that time Carrie has generally picked up all the kids and is home. Get home, get dinner cooked, and eat around the table like a proper damn family (...now if only we could get Abby to sit still and eat...) After that it's baths for the kids every other day and a little tv before getting them ready for bed. Abby's bed time has been slipping of late. For a long time it was 6:30 sharp. But since the latest time change it's seemed to spring forward an hour too. Most nights I read to Owen and Paige in their room before lights out. Current read: Winnie the Pooh. After the kids are in bed Carrie and I watch some tv, she goes to bed, I watch some more tv, then I go to bed.

Deviations: Owen and Paige have started Tae Kwan Do lessons on Mondays. I generally get home before them and try to have dinner on the table by the time they get home. Last night I did that AND got on the treadmill for the first time in months. Wednesday I have Larry and Tiff over for D&D. This generally means Carrie runs solo on putting everyone to bed. Thursday is dance class for Owen and Paige, which means Fast Food Night. And I game over at Ben's (or our house if Ben and Amy are busy) about every other Saturday.

We've got chickens! Or maybe I should say, Carrie and the kids have chickens. I've been mostly hands off with them so far. They are currently stinking up the garage under a heat lamp while they feather. We should have the coop all set up (hopefully) by next week.

The back-back yard is finally getting some work done to it. We had water run around and a hose bib and watering system installed on that side of the house. Now we need to extend water lines across the yard, have a large (25' x 45') sand-box-play-area installed, build three (4' x 12') above-ground planters, and we will have put a small dent in the to-do list for back there. Item still on it include planting trees, landscaping, and installing an open patio-firepit.

No comments:

Post a Comment